In the main event, the hard-hitting heavyweight bout ended with a lightning fast first round, as No. 7-ranked Volkov injured No. 8-ranked Rosenstruik early and went to finish.
After receiving the TKO in just 2 minutes, Volkov said, “I am happy to be on the winning side. Thanks to everyone who helped and supported me. I thought I could finish it, I know he doesn’t have a good defense in the cage, so I put him there and went for the playoffs. I’m ready for any challenge. “
In the co-main event, two exciting featherweight contestants saw three rounds, a shut-off from 13th-ranked Mover Avalov against 10th-ranked Dan Ige. With big knees and impressive groundwork, Avlov won unanimously and remained undefeated.
“I feel very good,” Avlov said after the decision. Thanks to my coaches and my entire team. I prepared very well. Great respect for my opponent, he was always dangerous. I think we deserve a night fight. Next, I want a big name for the title shot. I will be the next champion. “
Also on the main card, Lucas Almeida got a TKO over Michael Trizano in the featherweight bout after finishing three bouts in the first round.
First, in the women’s flyweight bout, Karin Silva defeated Poliano Botehlo, then Odd Osborne knocked out Zarukh Adashev in the flyweight bout, and finally Alonzo Manifield won the TKO over Oscar Mozarov in the lightweight bout. The main card opened.
Osborne and Silva received the Performance of the Night bonus for their stoppage show on the main card, while Almeida vs. Trizano Bout was awarded the Fight of the Night bonus.
In the preliminary card, there was a stoppage victory for Carolina Kovalkiewicz, Benoit St. Denis, Tony Gravely and Erin Blancfield, while Joe Soleki, Damon Jackson, Jeff Molina and Rinat Fakhretdinov claimed the victory.
UFC Vegas 56 Final Results
1. Heavyweight Combat: Alexander Volkov defeated Gerzinho Rosenstruik by TKO (strike) in the first round 2:12.
2. Featherweight Combat: Movsar Evloev defeated Dan Igele by a landslide (30-26, 30-27, 30-27).
3. Featherweight boxing: Lucas Almeida defeats Michael Trizano by TKO (strike): 55 in third round
4. Women’s Flyweight Competition: Karin Silva defeated Poliana Botelho by 4:55 in the first round by submission (d’Ars choke).
5. Flyweight Combat: Odd Osborne defeated Zarukh Adashev 1: 1 in the first round by knockout.
6. Light Heavyweight Combat: Alonzo Manifield defeated Oscar Mozrov by TKO (strike) in the first round at 4:40 p.m.
1. Women’s Strovet Combat: Carolina Kovalkiewicz defeated Felice Herrig by submission (rear naked choke) at 4:01 p.m.
2. Lightweight boxing: Joe Soleki defeated Alex da Silva by a majority vote (28-28, 28-27, 29-27).
3. Featherweight boxing: Damon Jackson defeats Dan Argueta unanimously (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
4. Lightweight boxing: Benoit St. Denis defeated Niklas Stolz in the second round at 1:32 by submission (rear nude choke).
5. Bantamweight Combat: Tony Graveley defeated Johnny Munoz by TKO (strike) in the first round at 1:08 p.m.
6. Flyweight Combat: Jeff Molina defeated Zalgas Zumagulov by split decision (30-27, 29-28, 28-29).
7. Welterweight boxing: Rinat Fakhretdinov defeated Andreas Michelidis by a unanimous decision (30-26, 30-26, 30-27).
8. Women’s Flyweight Combat: Erin Blancheld defeated JJ Aldrich in the second round at 2:38 by submission (guillotine choke).
The next UFC stop for UFC 275 in Singapore on 12 June is: Teixeira vs Prochazka, the first pay-per-view event in Southeast Asia and the first-ever UFC Championship double-header:
UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Glover Texara’s No. 2 Jiri Prochazka and UFC Women’s Flyweight Champion Valentina Shevchenko’s No. 4 Tela will face Santos.
Also former UFC Strovet champions Zhang Weli and Joanna Jedrzejic will get their most anticipated rematch of the year 2020.
Receive breaking news alerts.
You are already subscribed